Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

26 May 2009

Got my crayons out again...




I've talked before about adding "Color" to your ancestors file. Giving them "personality", bringing them to life.

An important part of my ANSLEY ancestors was music. My grandfather, David Ansley loved music and he enjoyed "pickin' & singing"... David is pictured above with one of his cousins and his guitar. David loved his guitar and singing and he did both very well!

I'm getting out my crayons today to add some color to my personal file - studmuffin & I are going to the Grand Ole Opry tonight. We bought our tickets last week on line. I was excited 4th row tickets in the front center section. I'll take it. When we picked up our tickets they are actually FIRST ROW! So cool. That story will defitinely go into our files!

Genealogy wise, we are off early this morning to the Tennessee state library & Archives in downtown Nashville. Our searches today for obits & death certificates on stufmiffin's lines - the HURST's and LIGON's. I've compiled lists of the names, dates and counties we are searching for and hope to get quite a few. I've not been to this archive in many years so I am hoping that things go well.

The hours are 8-6, and copies are .25 each from microfillm, so I anticipate spending a minimum of $20. We'll see.

So far our stay in Nashville has been delightful - so much history!

Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

GrannyPam said...

Glad you are having fun, and I wish you productive research. Nashville is one of my favorite cities. Enjoy the Opry!

Karen K said...

Thanks Pam! It was awesome and we had much success!
Karen