Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

16 August 2009

Ultimate Genealogy Goal ?

My friend & cousin, Carol, over at Reflections From The Fence blogged about this last night - Evidently Randy Seaver over at Geneamusings posted this on his blog and she & I thought it was quite interesting. How would you answer these questions?

:1What is your UGG - your "Ultimate Genealogy Goal" for the genealogy research that you wish to leave to your heirs, descendants and the genealogy community?
Personally my UGG would be to make sure that I leave behind the most well documented family history that I can for my children & grandchildren to have. Making sure that my work is as correct & thorough as it can be. I'd like to finish my work on a few lines, figure out exactly what happened to a few MIA's that I have as well.

How long do you think you have have left to fulfill this ultimate goal?
If I am really lucky maybe 30 years? It is beyond my control so I make the best of every opportunity to work on my projects knowing I am only promised this minute.

Are you prioritizing your time adequately in order to achieve this goal?
Most of the time I think I am, but I have days when I doubt it. Family - husband, children & grandchildren do have a tendancy to take priority, but at this age most of them, excluding grandchildren are pretty self-sufficient. But I am working on it!

If not, what should you do to achieve the goal?
I don't think my goal is unrealistic, I want documented, thorough research so that my descendants know that it is correct. So achieving this goal I do not feel is out of reach. Everytime I source something, everytime I photograph a headstone I get a bit closer to my goal. Life goes on, I can't put my life on hold - stop traveling with Mark, or spending time with my family in order to guarentee that this goal will happen, but I can work every day towards my goal and hope for the best.

Will you do what you need to do?
Everytime I sit down at this keyboard I do what I have to do - keep sourcing - keep documenting - keep digging! So yes, I will do what I need to do...

How about you? What would your answers be to the UGG challenge????

Happy Researching!

Karen

1 comment:

Bill West said...

Good response, Karen. I enjoyed reading it!
Bill