Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

01 January 2010

Happy New Year!

Wow! Can you believe it? It's 2010 already! I'm sure many of you have already made your resolutions for the new year - lucky you.

Normally I don't make resolutions - I am constantly making changes in my life, from eating habits to the way I organize my office. So I am not big on making New Year's resolutions.

I've been working on a massive re-organization project for quite a few months now. Trying to rework my files and the way I store & maintain my genealogical information. Sometimes that's good, sometimes that's bad. For me its made things easier to locate, but its also been tons of work. Its a project that is still on going and probably will continue for quite a while.

I've got quite a few "projects" in the works from a genealogical standpoint -

  • standardize sources & citations in my data base
  • make sure I have all the 1930 census I need BEFORE the 1940 comes out
  • review all surname folders in my filing cabinet
  • go thru my genealogy books and see if maybe some of them are ready to find new homes

Certainly if I look I'll find more but I think those are good projects for 2010. Who knows, might even keep me busy in 2011 as well!

Happy Researching!

Karen


No comments: