Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

02 April 2010

Georgia errrr Pennsylvania On My Mind

I know I've mentioned it a couple of times, I'd started my prep for it. And the more I did the less I felt good about it.

Our vacation plans were to go down into Kentucky & do some research on Mark's family in Kentucky - working our way thru some Indiana counties along the way. I wasn't exactly over joyed, although I was happy about being able to go & research.

A few days ago I told Mark we needed to discuss our vacation plans - he was cool with it, just plan it and he'd show up & be there! My kind of man - roll with your indecisive wife!

So now we are planning our trip to Pennsylvania. I'm really excited about researching at the Historical societies in both Lancaster & Berks County, Pennsylvania. Their online sites appear to be very well developed - and I've found tons of great data bases and stuff to show me their holdings. I've got a plan in place - and a research notebook made up. Only 26 days till we leave!

Happy Easter to all!
Karen

3 comments:

Anne Percival Kruszka said...

You are the recipient of the Ancestor Approved Award!

Joan said...

Please accept and pick up the the Ancestor Approved Award at Roots'N' Leaves

I am tagging you as well for this award. I have really enjoyed your blog since I became a follower. Also was interested in your Philpot post. I knew some very dear friends in southern Oregon by the name of Philpot.

Linda McCauley said...

Karen, I see I'm not the 1st or even 2nd but I also chose you for the "Ancestor Approved Award". http://lfmccauley.blogspot.com/2010/04/ancestor-approved-award.html.