Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

03 May 2010

Relatively Speaking...


I've been thinking all weekend about what to write about on the Relatively speaking blog for this week. What is it that I want to blog about? Sitting here at my desk I look up and my little "robin" is sitting here looking at me. He doesn't chirp or hop about. He just sits here - with his little saying on the log under him. His saying is very simple - "Cherish Life's Simple Pleasures".

Life's simple pleasures can mean so many things to so many people. For me life's simple pleasures are family, friends, grandkids (did I already say grandkids?), my flowers, a good book, a little stitching or just watching my bird feeders. I'm very blessed to have lots of simple pleasures in my life.

When I stop & consider the simple pleasures in my life I have to wonder about the simple pleasures that my ancestors found in their lives. I've heard stories of my great grandmothers & their love for their flowers, their sewing and quilting and more. Alot of those simple pleasures seem to transcend generations, as I find myself enjoying much of the same sort of things.

I find myself looking at my daughter (yes I already see some of those in her life!), son & grandsons and wonder if these same simple pleasures will again transcend the generations. I sure hope so!

Take some time today to enjoy your simple pleasures! I plan on doing just that. Just as soon as I finish this blog entry!

Happy Researching!
Karen
[Photo taken 2005 by Mark at the Inn at Honey Run in Holmes County, Ohio. Another of life's simple pleasures, a weekend get away with someone special at Honey Run! Just beautiful!]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.