Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

17 June 2011

Depredations of the Indians (1788)

Depredation - an act of plundering and pillaging and marauding

I can't say that anyone on the following list is related to me. I primarily copied it because quite frankly, I'd never seen anything like this before.  Might have been a tad bit more interesting had I found the original on microfilm or if someone I was related to in someway was on here.

Never seen anything like this before so I thought I'd share it with the blogisphere.  This happens to be from Washington County, Georgia, dated 18 SEP 1788, and I found it in a book on Washington County, Georgia Records when I was visiting Ft. Wayne a few months ago.  Take a look... Remember clicking will enlarge the image, browsers back button will return you to GFOM. 

 Happy Researching!
Karen

No comments: