Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

05 March 2012

Monday Musings

I spent the weekend surfing Find A Grave.  I only worked on one surname, I asked it for all burials for ANSLEY in the state of Georgia.  My Ansley brick wall came tumbling down a few years ago with the assistance of DNA.  So I am still working hard at filling in the gaps. 

Alot of the older Ansley stones in Georgia didn't seem to stand the test of time or maybe they just never got stones.  Either way it makes finding stones for them a challenge.

I don't rely heavily on Find A Grave for information,  I've seen mistakes there as everywhere else. BUT, I do go surfing there looking for headstones.  And this weekend I did find quite a few of the older stones that were photographed many years ago and are no longer standing. 

As I said I'm leary of information that was posted on maiden names and parents information so I don't pay attention to that sort of stuff, I may take notes and follow the leads, but my primary search is for headstone photo's.  My request for Ansley stones had 310 hits and I'm still on the second page.  All in all, I'd say I've added about 40 new stones to my files.  Not bad so far. 

When the photo is saved and linked, I also copy and paste the Find A Grave memorial # so I know where it came from.  It was a productive weekend! 

No comments: