Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

11 July 2012

Wedding Wednesday - Ligon & Davis (1847)

Kentucky, Hopkins County, Set:   "I, Samuel Woodson, Clerk of the Court for the County afo resaid, do hereby certify that security hath this day been given in my office for a license to issue for a marriage shortly intended to be solemnized between George LIGON & Catharine DAVIS.   "These are therefore to authorise you to join together inthe holy state of matrimony the said George & Catharine, according to the rites and ceremonies of your Church; and for so doing this shall be your sufficient warrant.  Given under my hand the 12th day of April 1847.   "To any Minister of the Gospel or Justice of the Peace legally authorized to solemnize the rites of Matrimony."  Signed Sam Woodson, clerck by Orlean Bishop, DC"   "I, Oro Collins, minister of the Gospel, do certify that I this day, by virtue of hte above license, solemnized the rights of matrimony between George Ligon & Catherine Davis, part named in said license. Given under my hand this April 15 day of 1847."  Oro Collins **Hopkins County, Kentucky Marriage Book 1800-1855, Pg. 318 George Ligon & Catherine Davis Ligon were the gg Grandparents of Mark Krugman.

1 comment:

Mrs. Mac said...

Such a good find. I normally just find 'so and so' married so and so on such date in such place.