Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

13 August 2012

Monday Musings -

  Despite everything that we've been working on with our landscaping and getting things back on track after being gone, I did get some genealogy done this weekend. 
 
   About 40 total obits were typed in, and this morning they all got scanned (I love document feeders/scanners!) and are now ready for cropping and linking.
 
   I've mostly been working on the iPad with my typing, it makes it easier to work just about anywhere.  I can't think of a place (besides the shower or pool) that I can't work on my iPad.   I'm using Families genealogy software, which I really enjoy.  I have a few quirks (could we please make it so I can search by women's married name as well PRETTY PLEASE?) but for the most part I am very happy with it.  I've had it for a while - even doing all my work on it while I was in Belgium.

  It syncs using wi-fi with my desktop so no connections needed. 

  So I synced up this morning all the work from the past week - now I'll link all the images from the typing this weekend and sync it back to the iPad for this weeks trip to Traverse City.  I really don't think it gets any easier than this - unless someone knows some elves that would like to type for me while I sleep. 

  Have a good day everyone!

No comments: