Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

29 July 2013

Monday Musings...

Wow, Monday again so soon?  This was a busy weekend here. Our son was in from Texas and we got to spend some time with him.  We all got together for dinner at his house on Sunday night.  We had a great time.  There were times when the son & daughter were younger, I never thought I'd see the day when they could get along.  Happily it appears that time indeed does make things better.  To see the two of them together now you'd never know they almost killed each other a couple of times when they were younger.

We spent the day in Ft Wayne on Saturday researching at the Allen County Public library.  What an awesome place.  I can't get enough of it.  I've decided I'm probably going to drop in at the library on the last day of next month's big conference there.  Mr. Brown Eyes wants to play bridge that day so It would be a good time for me to go.  Are you going?  Would be great to meet some of the people I see on line all the time.  Should be interesting!

The switch to Reunion is not going well.  In fact I was so discouraged that I've gone back to Legacy in Parallels.  I know alot of people love Reunion but to be honest it just didn't work out for me.  First of all, with almost 70,000 people transferring in, the amount of work required to fix my file was just astronomical. When you consider that EVERY obituary, land deed, tax record, will, occupation and death certificate came in as a strange fact and was misplaced...  that in itself was just over whelming.  Not that everyone in my file had ALL those things, but still even if 500 people had all those things, the corrections required number into the thousands.  Don't forget to toss in all the images that were linked and are now unlinked and need relinking.  Its just not feasible. 

I did keep excellent records so everything that I had added to Reunion has now been added to my Legacy file.  Maybe some day I'll pick it back up -  maybe I'll find another software that will not cause me to make THOUSANDS of corrections to make the file useable.  Until then, its going to be back to Legacy. 

Have you ever made a change in your software and decided it just wasn't worth it? 

No comments: