Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

06 May 2009

Regroup, Rethink, Reevaluate


Clients are all done for now, speaking engagements have slowed for a week or two, so now I have time to focus on my to do lists for the various places we will visit on my trip to Ft Wayne next week, and on our vacation the end of the month.

Being the sort of person who believes that being prepared is a very good thing. I find myself in the position of regrouping - straightening my genealogy office, reshelving books, putting papers in the filing cabinet, maybe even a bit of dusting.

While doing those things I find myself rethinking some of the things I put on my to do list, rethinking the lines I want to work on - Do I need to work more on the HURST family? What about the Ligon family? Do I need more work on the Boomershines?

Of course all that thinking then leads me to start re-evaluating the things I have on my to do list - do I need all those obits? Will they really make my research easier? Do I really want to spend all this time & effort just to chase dead people? I could be laying on a beach down in sunny Florida for what it will cost me for my "research trip"....

But wait.. laying on a sunny beach sounds good but even that has its drawbacks. Laying around on a sunny beach surely would get boring after a while right? And with it being early in the season, I'm sure the traffic has already increased, the tourists are surely packing into sunny Florida, and who needs all that shrimp anyway? A person can only use so many of those little umbrella's that come in your drinks...

So all my regrouping, rethinking & reevaluating brought me right back to where? Clients are all done for now, speaking engagements have slowed for a week or two, so now I have time to focus on my to do lists for the various places we will visit on my trip to Ft Wayne next week, and on our vacation the end of the month.

Happy researching...
Karen

Photo included in blog is one of many trips made to the beach in sunny south Florida, shown here with my mom, Phyllis in June 1960.

No comments: