Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

19 April 2010

Monday Musings


Today the prep continues for the May research trip to Pennsylvania. More digging, more adding to the to do lists for each county & repository. I think today's prep will focus on headstone photographs.

A few years back (2007) we went into the same area's we are going this year. We were with friends and it was more of a "sorta" research trip - more a "hanging out" trip. We did visit quite a few cemeteries & we found lots of stones with the surnames of interest. But we didn't really do any serious research.

With the visiting of two historical societies & a few local libraries this will be more of a research than a "hanging out" trip. So today I will be reviewing the headstone files to see what if any headstones I missed, or if I missed any cemeteries that I wanted to locate & photograph.

The photo above is of Bowmansville Mennonite Cemetery, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Just a wonderful little cemetery nestled in amongst the Mennonite farms of Lancaster County. I photographed many stones in this peaceful place and going back thru them is something I need to do before we return to Lancaster County.

And so the prep work goes on...

Happy Researching!
Karen

Today's Relatively Speaking is over at Carol's place - Reflections From the Fence. Stop by for a read!

No comments: