Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

17 April 2010

Happy Blogaversary to me!

Yep that's right - today, April 17th is the 1 year anniversary of Genealogy Frame of Mind! Hard to believe isn't it??
I never really thought I was the blogging kind, after all I can hardly keep a pencil & paper diary for more than two or three days, and even then three days is really good for me!
And here I am a whole year later with a whole list of topics we've chatted about - a few....
  • Census
  • Slave names
  • places I'm researching
  • birthday's
  • anniversaries
  • stupid drivers
  • holidays
  • research noteboooks
  • research trip prep
  • headstones
  • my brick walls
  • and many, many more

I've introduced you to my grandsons and many others in my immediate and not so immediate family. We've shared frustrations and celebrations. I remember getting excited when I hit the first ten followers... and then when I hit 20... And I appreciate the fact that each and every one of you take the time to read this blog!

So what does year number two hold? Will there be a second year? I'm going to continue blogging, looking for the niche in blogging community that has my name on it. Hoping to break down more brick walls, write about more research trips, share more of my research with you... and more...




I must take a minute and thank my biggest supporter (and the love of my life!) for his "just be yourself, do what you love" and it will all be fine talk! Thanks Mark! Somehow he always manages to make it all work out.

I don't have tons of fancy degree's, I'm not out to impress anyone - I'm just someone who really enjoys researching her family and tries to inspire others doing the same. So thanks for your readership, thanks for your comments - lets raise our glass of sweet tea and toast to another year at Genealogy Frame of Mind!

Happy Researching!

Karen


P.S. Sorry I didn't have any cake to go with the tea... I was busy researching & forgot to make one for the anniversary! ; )

15 comments:

Sheri Fenley said...

HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY DEAR KAAAARENN, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU!

Michelle Goodrum said...

That's OK about the cake. I have some leftover BD cake from a certain teenager who had a birthday this week. I'll have a piece in your honor. Congratulations! You have a very enjoyable blog!

Amanda E. Perrine said...

Happy Blogaversary!!!

Carol said...

Congrats, as always, a fine post, and as always, looking forward to the next one.

GrannyPam said...

Congratulations, keep up the good work.

Lori H said...

Yeah, Karen! Happy blogiversary! :) Keep those posts coming!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Congratulations Karen!! Happy blogiversary!~

Linda McCauley said...

Congratulations!

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Happy #1!

Unknown said...

Good job! Happy blogiversary!

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

Great first year. Congratulations on your bloiversary. Looking forward to reading what's on tap for your second year.

Greta Koehl said...

Happy 1st blogoversary - looking forward to reading through many more!

Karen K said...

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU for taking time to stop by with the blogiversary wishes! Looking forward to another great year!
Karen

Karen Packard Rhodes said...

I'm late, as usual, but happy blogoversary!

Tracy said...

A belated congratulations on your first year. I enjoy reading your blog and can't wait to see what you have in store for your second year.