Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

09 July 2010

Friday Already?

I can't believe its Friday already! Time sure flies when you are having fun!

Today as you read this I am headed for the final portion of our July research trip! Mark & I and our friend Lisa are meeting up with some of the same friends that we had fun researching with in Ohio down in Ft Wayne, Indiana.

The Allen County, Public library genealogy collection is a gold mine of information for the prepared researcher! Anne over at Gene Notes has been talking about her upcoming trip there next week as well.

My research there over the past months has been on my Ansley surname. Actually to be honest its on all of my Georgia surnames. The surname Ansley in Georgia is like Smith in any other state. They are all over - and the variations on the surname are many.

I am working my way thru all the Georgia counties looking for records - deeds, wills, deaths, cemtery records and just about anything else I can get my hands on. This trip will be great fun with the Darke County friends and Lis along as well.

Another genealogy research road trip? It's a very good thing!

Happy researching!
Karen

No comments: