Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

12 July 2010

Trick or Treat in July?

The research trip is over. It was in my opinion a successful one. If nothing else is learned from the trip I would hope that being prepared does have something to do with how much success is acheived. Not to say there are not things that no matter what won't be found.... but if you are prepared I do believe there is a chance you can at least do the very best job possible.

I'm a firm believer in going into any research trip prepared. However you choose to prepare - its up to you, but going in cold with absolutely no prep seems to me - you are just setting yourself up to fail.

Now that the trip is done, the briefcase is unpacked, the backup moved to the desktop, everything is in stacks on the desk. The next step... where do I begin with all this stuff?

Now the real fun begins. This reminds of Halloween night when the trick or treating was all done, we always finished the night by going home and dumping our treat bags in the middle of the floor. Checking out all the goodies was almost as much fun as the time we spent running from house to house getting them all. (this was way before candy had to be x-rayed before consuming)

So for me its time to "dump" the bag of goodies and starting looking to see exactly what I did come home with! I can't wait! I'll be sure to share anything really good with you.

Candy bar anyone?

Happy researching!
Karen

3 comments:

Terri said...

I hear it's your birthday -
HAPPY BIRTHDAY - HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

Barbara Poole said...

Happy Birthday to you, I hope it is great. Your friend Carol was the little birdie who spread the word.

Karen K said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Enjoyed the day, glad it only comes once a year though! Hectic...
Enjoy the blog.
Karen