Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

28 February 2011

Military Monday - The Deaths of Four Sons

I can think of nothing worse than loosing my son.  But imagine the parents of these soldiers - Clayton Nix dies Sep 1862, John T. Nix dies Oct 1862, Newton Nix dies Nov. 1862 and finally brother Monroe dies Dec 1862.  Regardless of what side you were on this has to be heartbreaking!

John T. Nix & his brother, Clayton Nix are both my second Great Grandfather's.  I have visited John's grave and also the grave of Newton.  As of this writing I have not been able to locate the graves of Newton or Clayton.

Clicking on the images will enlarge them. Use your browsers back button to return to Genealogy Frame of Mind.  



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How heartbreaking! 4 in 4 months! :( That must have been such an awful time for the family - and so early in the war also.