Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

22 September 2011

Thrifty Thursday

I don't usually participate in "thrifty Thursday" but thought I would mention a few ways I save money while doing genealogy.  Those of you who read my blog on a regular basis know how I feel about "all genealogy should be free".  But we don't need to go there. 

A few of the ways I cut corners when doing genealogy.
  • I carpool if going to a library within driving distance. 
  • When I make copies at the libraries, I bring the pages home with me.  After transcribing/scanning or whatever I save the papers and print on the back side or use them for notepaper.
  • If possible I take my own lunch (yep, even when I go to Ft Wayne!)
  • When I can & it is allowed I use my camera to take photo's of the images and transcribe from there.  My iPad2 works really well in this department!
  • If possible and the library/historical society allows I ask for my copies to be double sided.
 How about you?  What are some of the ways you cut costs while doing genealogy?

Happy Researching!
Karen

No comments: