Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

15 March 2012

Tricks & Tips Thursday

Out of sight out of mind.  Sound familiar?  Sure it does!  Unless you are one of those super organized persons,  everyone does it. 

You find a photo you want to scan, a reciept for your file, someone sends an obit on your fifth great uncle.  So you put it away.  And forget all about it.  Lost forever in the deep dark hole called filing cabinets.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about.  A tiny bit of organization can put an end to that.  Here's how...

On my desk I have a file stand.  Its a metal one that I "borrowed" from Mr. Brown Eyes.  He never used it.  So I saw it one day and now its mine.   Anyway.  Its metal and it has slots in it for folders. 

What I did is, make a folder for my tax receipts, things I want to scan, papers I want to transcribe... the list goes on and on, but you get the idea.  A simple holder with file folders, each neatly labeled. 

Now when an obit comes in the mail, or I have a receipt from mailing something business at the post office, I just go right over the stand, pick the appropriate folder and drop in the paper.  Every now and then I do the transciptions (usually take that folder with me when I know I'm going to have spare time waiting somewhere), or whip out the Flip Pal Scanner and do the scanning.  Point it is, I now have the folders in one place out in plain sight.  NO more out of sight out of mind! 

 Now if I could just find a way to add more hours to the days....

No comments: