Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

07 January 2013

Monday Musings


The year has not been off to a good start. Already this year we've had two different "flu" bugs visit with us. Luckily for me, I only got a light case of both. Not so lucky were the grandkids & Mr. Brown eyes. This is not my idea of how to start a new year.
With me having the light case on both occasions I was able to stay upright and it gave me time to work while Mr. Brown eyes was sleeping... he's not one to need a nursemaid.
I've been working on the images I scanned while I on the trip. I came home with about 85 images - mostly obits from the Brethren Heritage Center. There are about 6 or 7 more to do and those will be complete. I work on dual monitors so I can transcribe from one screen to the other, crop, name and link it very easily.
I must admit the obits from the Brethren are wonderful to work on. Most of the time they name the parents and give birth, death and marriage dates. Although they give the number of children born to the couple and how many are living its rare that you get the names of the children in the obit.
When the Brethren obits are done I'll move on to the ones for Dayton, Ohio. What are you working on?

No comments: