Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

07 June 2013

What's Up With That?

I try really hard not to complain about the online research services.  With the ratio of good stuff found to errors found, their track record really is pretty good. But this time I have to complain.  I'll make it short & sweet.

When you have a surname like Ligon/Lygon etc and they are ALL OVER the records for both Virginia & South Carolina from the beginning of time - and I ask you _______ (insert name of research database) for a marriage record for Ligon/Lygon and both come back NO RECORDS FOUND -  I have to ask myself, Really?  What's up with that? 

I log out of the program, sign back in and suddenly there's a multitude of hits on that surname? 

Really?  What's up with that?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have encounter the exact same thing and it drives me bananas! I have a name and date and very good info and I input in Ancestry and Nada, Zilch, nothing!!!