Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

01 July 2013

Monday Musings

After all my planning and prep we are here!  Yes, our research vacation is in full swing.

We arrived Saturday morning, me with a headache I just couldn't shake.  Being me, I decided to make the best of it and continue on with the research anyway.

Saturday's destination was the Dayton Public Library in downtown Dayton, Ohio.  The obituary index for their papers is online.  However, they do have some holes in their index which thy do warn you about.  That said, it is still better than nothing.  I still managed to obtain almost 50 obituaries on Saturday.  Not bad for working with a headache.

Sunday we spent dodging raindrops while chasing headstones in some Preble County cemeteries. We also spent a few hours with the local historian for this area.  She was very helpful with several of our problem families.  Funny thing is, her family is in my database, her great aunt married into one of my lines.

All in all, a very good weekend!  Time to get on the road - today we're off to Darke County, Ohio.

Happy researching!

No comments: