Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

19 December 2014

Lots of Stuff... Good Stuff!

Earlier in a post I mentioned the Surname Scavenger Hunt that was being put on by  Crestleaf.   I posted and my many readers responded by going to Crestleaf and voting.  To make a long story short, we tied for first place with Wiki Chicks.  They did a great job with their post with a J.R.Tolken entry.  A great contest - and we split the first place prize of $250 with both of us getting $125 at Amazon.  It was a great adventure.  Be sure to stop in and visit both Crestleaf and the WikiChicks. 

It's been a very busy fall and early winter here at GFOM, so not alot of blogging going on.  For that I do apologize.  I'm working on posts for the new year and hope to see all of my regular readers back with me. 

We have a new grandson due to make an entry between now and middle January, which will make five grandsons for us.  Such an exciting time.  My hunky Mr. Brown Eyes will be returning to Canada to work for Ford a bit in January but I plan on being here to help out the with the new grandbaby.  It will be so difficult (wink wink) but hey, someone has to do it. Who doesn't love snuggling and hugging on babies?

My research continues and so does the clean up of my data base.  Seems I've been working on that forever but when I get it all complete it will be awesome.  I am pondering participating in some form with the Genealogy Do Over Project hosted by Thomas MacEntee over at GeneaBloggers.  I admire what he is undertaking but don't think I'm ready to go quite as far as he is going.  Something else to ponder if you think your files need a fix. 

Another project that I am going to attempt to be part of is the 52 Ancestors In 52 Weeks meme hosted by No Story Too Small with Amy Johnson Crow.  A challenge and I'd like to see if I can muddle thru it.  I certainly have the entertaining ancestors to do it. 

As 2014 draws to a close I'd like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to read my blog.  I'm no pro by far but I do love researching my ancestors (yours too!).   To be able to research and share the things I have found and posting them here in the hopes that maybe, just maybe I can help someone on this journey just rocks for me.  I'd love to hear from you if you've been helped by things you've found here. 

So from our house to yours Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Hanukkah - Bless you all!  May you have a wonderful New Year.  Be safe and we'll be back here January 2nd with some new ancestors to share for the new year. 

God bless & Happy researching!
   Karen

No comments: