Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

29 June 2010

Tombstone Tuesday -

When we visited this cemetery I was amazed at the condition of the cemetery. The stones left standing were old, many of them totally not legible. I was discouraged, as I was hoping to locate a stone with good dates. Well I can't tell you I found the stone but I can tell you I did find something... have a look! Remember if you click on the image it will enlarge & you can use your browsers back button to return here.


The small building you see in the photo is placed pretty much in the center of what used to be a fairly good size cemetery. Age has taken its toll and greatly reduced the number of stones standing. If you look closely at the building you will see the brown "rectangles" on the walls. Those rectangles are actually plaques. The plaques are alphabetical and list all persons recorded as being buried in this cemetery. Each entry gives a birth & death date along with names. It doesn't show burial locations or relationships, but given the options... I'll take this!
Happy Researching!
Karen

3 comments:

Randi Rountree Mathieu said...

How nice is that!

Anonymous said...

Karen, where is the cemetery and what is the name? Sue Edwards

Karen K said...

This is St. Emanuels, Union County, Pennsylvania...