Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

12 August 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday


Alot of my "treasures" are photo's. Primarily because my side of the family didn't keep anything. We weren't the keepers of the goods. So when I started my research I had to literally start from scratch as far as locating photo's of my ancestors.
The photograph today is a real treasure it is the only photo I have & the only one I have ever seen of my great great great grandfather, Frederick Tanreuther.
Frederick was born in Bavaria on the 26th of June 1826, the oldest of three children born to Abraham Tanreuther & his wife, Barbara Zimmerman. Fred was married twice, first to my ggg grandmother, Margaret Montebaugh who predeceased him in 1874. Second he married Susan Bailey who was much younger and outlived him by 40+ years.
Fred & Margaret were the parents of ten children, John, Mary, Sarah, Charles, Rebecca, Ellen, Catherine, Emma, Anna & Franklin. Of those Rebecca was my ancestor. His children with Susan Bailey were: George, William, Eliza, Matilda, Albert, Leonard, Lydia, Iva, Nora & Gertrude.
Frederick died 20 MAR 1907 and is buried in the Farmersville Cemetery, Farmersville, Montgomery County, Ohio.
Happy Researching!
Karen

No comments: