So treat this information with caution - its unproven as of this very moment.
This is one of the families in my data base that I know a bit about, nothing earth shattering or anything. So today's post is a phishing expidition. Maybe someone out there has more information on this family??
James Jarrett, photo above is reported in the caption of the photo to have had 24 children. So far I have seen only 18 of those reported 24 listed anywhere. Here's what I do know at this point:
James Jarrett (1750-1822) was born, died & married all in Greenbriar County, (West) Virginia. He married twice. His daughter, Nancy who marries Ben Morris is Mark's ancestor.
First marriage to Elizabeth Griffey (1754-1802) by whom he had:
- William (marr Caty Medsicar 9 Apr 1807 Greenbriar)
- James (marr Ruth Gwinn 11 Jan 1803 Greenbriar)
- Owen (20 May 1790-27 Jul 1852; marr Elizabeth Vincent 5 Mar 1808 Greenbriar)
- Leah (marr James Graham 12 Nov 1799 Greenbriar)
- Elizabeth (20 Jun 1784-29 Dec 1846; marr William Jones
- Nancy (4 Sep 1769-14 May 1832; marr Benjamin Morris 12 Nov 1788)
- Margaret (marr Levi Morris 22 May 1788, bro to Benjamin)
- George W.
- James Madison (marr Ruth Hamilton 16 May 1827 Greenbriar)
- Evaline (Arlena?)
- Vincent (28 Feb 1815-2 Apr 1887; marr Rebecca Caraway 10 Aug 1844 Greenbriar)
- Levi M.