Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

27 May 2011

Friday, Friday

Yep, today is Friday, we're down to the last few research days of our trip. Believe it or not I'm actually looking forward to going home. I'm a home body at heart. I do love going away to research but there's just something about my home!

Not only was this a research trip, it was a shopping trip. Since we bought our new house I've been slowly getting things for it. This trip I am coming home with two beautiful handmade quilts, some organic seeds for my gardens and of course some wonderful Amish soaps. It's no wonder I want to go home!

Back to the research - today we are going to the Medina, Ohio public library to search for obits & other records. My genealogy software generated my to-do list for today, 25 pages of things I'd love to find. This library has an obituary index online, so I've gone there to start my searches. Some things I want didn't appear on the index, but I'll search there for them anyway.

Next time the blog appears, I'll be back at our "castle" enjoying the goodies we brought back & hanging out with the grandkids. Enjoy your weekend!

Happy Researching!
Karen

No comments: