Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

19 November 2012

Military Monday - A Week of Thankful

I decided for this week to do my regular daily posts but due to the fact that this week is Thanksgiving I thought I'd add a twist.  A week of thankful.  We have so much to be thankful for, so I thought I'd put a genealogical spin on my week of thankful. 

With today being Military Monday, I am thankful that I had ancestors who fought.  Luckily most of them did return home after they fought, for that I am very thankful.  I appreciate all of our country's Veterans, but most specially for the ones in my family tree that fought.  Thankful that they had what it took to stand up for what they thought was right - from Jacob Kesler & Dennis Grady in the Revolutionary War, right down to our present day military fighting men - cousins Andrew Layton, Chris Radley & Jason Radley, and the many men in between - father, uncles, grandfather's and right on back. 

Regardless of the rank or the battle they are all apart of my history and for that I am very thankful.

No comments: