Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

17 June 2013

Amanuensis Monday - The Will of John Early (1854)


                                                                 Will of John Early

  In the name of the Benevolent Father of all, I John Earley of Miami Township in the County of Montgomery and State of Ohio, do make and publish this my last will and testament.

  Item 1st  I give and beqeath to my beloved wife Magdalena Early, all the property of any kind that I may be posessed of at the time of my decease, to use and possess as long she does remain a widow, out of which she shall pay all my just debts, and in case she should again remarry, then what shall remain of said property after deducting her lawful share of the same to be equally divided amongst my seven children with this exception that my said wife shall pay to my son Isaac Early forty dollars on his arriving to the age of twenty one years. Which is intended to make him equal with his brothers each of them having recieved a horse from me heretofore.

  Item 2nd  I do nominate and appoint my said wife, Magdalena and my son, John Early Excutor of this my last will and testament.

  In testimoney whereof I have herunto set my hand and seal this twenty seventh day of December in the year of our Lord Eighteen Hundred and Fifty.     /s /John Early

  Signed and Acknowledged by said John Early as his last will and testament in our presence and signed by us in his presence.

 /s/ Daniel Askins

/s/  William Gowdy


 [Will typed exactly as shown in original, no corrections in spelling or grammar have been made.]

John Early was born 7 Jul 1776 in Pennsylvania and died 15 JUL 1854 in Miami Township, Montgomery County, Ohio.  He was married 1 Aug 1820 Rockingham County, Virginia to Magdalena Byerly.  They were the parents of 7 children - John T., David, Lydia, Joseph, Sarah, Jacob and Isaac Early.  

John & Magdalena were my fourth great grandparents.



No comments: