Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

20 October 2014

Monday Musings

Here we are yet another Monday!  It was a busy weekend here.  We drove about two hours or so north of here and went to the Bala (Canada) Cranberry festival.  It was all about the tasty cranberry! And they did indeed have it all.  One of the highlights of the Cranberry Festival was seeing the Canadian Golden Helmets perform.  The Golden Helmets is a precision motorcycle group made up of officers from different towns here in the province of Ontario.  You can read more on them and see a pic here.  Be sure to click on the photo, they are a fine looking group.  They did a great job and we totally enjoyed watching them.  We brought some cranberries, so I'll be putting those to good use. 

Mr. Brown Eyes did a bunch of census work on Sunday.  He enjoys doing that and I'm not going to argue with him.  I love the thrill of the hunt, chasing our ancestors down but truthfully typing in the census stuff just bores me tears.  Somehow after talking to others who do genealogy I'm not alone.  I love finding them, learning what they offer up in the census but somehow I just can't get into that typing stuff on it the way MBE can.  Thankfully he enjoys it and doesn't mind.

Today, after the small amount of housework is done I'm hoping to get some more images cropped, named & linked.  I've figured out how to do editing in iPhoto.  I must say I love it!  It's simple and does the job without tons of techincal difficulty. 

Speaking this Friday night at the Brighton District Library (Michigan).  So we are going back to the states for a few days.  Will be good to hopefully see the grandkids, family & friends.  How much can we squeeze into a weekend?  Dunno but going to find out eh?

Happy Researching!
Karen

No comments: