Judge Lavendar was born 29 OCT 1802 in Spalding County, Georgia and died 20 JAN 1863.
Malinda Ansley was the daughter of Thomas Ansley (1767-1837) and his wife, Henrietta Ragland (1777-1837). She was born 8 JUN 1805 in Warren County, Georgia and died 23 August 1865 in Spalding County, Georgia.
The burial location for Judge James & Malinda Ansley Lavendar is currently unknown to me.
Judge Lavendar did leave behind a will** in which he does name his wife & children.
In his will he names children - Eliza T., William R., Mary B, Martha J., Carrie M., Griffin F., Melinda H., Adeline E., and Melvina M.
- Elizabeth (1825-1906) marries John Thurman, 12 SEP 1860 Spalding County, Georgia
- William Robert (1826-1910) marries 13 DEC 1849 Fayette County, Georgia to Elizabeth Edmondson.
- Mary Belle (1828 - ?) marries 13 JAN 1848 Spalding County, Georgia to John A. Dunn (1828-1895)
- Martha Jane (1832-1898)
- Griffin F. (1839-1864)
- Carrie M. (1840 -?)
- Malinda H. (1840 -1916)
- Adeline "Addie" (1844-1880) marries 1863 to Henry B. Cox
- Melvina M. (1848-?)
- George Thomas (1830-1831) Not named in will, died as an infant.