Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

10 December 2012

Monday Musings

I've been working on the things I pulled when I was in Dayton two weekends ago.  It seems my list of things I need to get there grows daily.  With my moms entire family tree basically all from that area the list has turned into the to do list that never ends.

When we go there on Saturday its either cemetery photo's or newspaper items at the library.  Every year we go somewhere to research between Christmas & New Year's.  This year we are going to Dayton.  More specifically to the Archives & Record Center downtown.  It's nice to be able to go there thru the week (yes, they are open - I checked already!) when we can go to the Archives.

It houses every old record for Montgomery County, Ohio & the city of Dayton except old newspapers.  We stay right across the street (3 minutes door to door!) so its easy if one wants to take a break to just walk back across the street.  It's like one stop shopping for the genealogy researcher.  We take a day and do just newspapers which is just a couple of blocks away and then spend a day or two at the archives. 

Of course while there we always take time to have dinner with friends - so its a double win - research & time with some friends & family.  Does it get any better than that? 

No comments: