Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

09 March 2015

Monday Musings

Spent the weekend on identifying some Ligon's I found on the Georgia death records over at Family Search.  I can't say it was easy - but I do love a good challenge. 

Out of the eight I started with I have only one I still can't identify and add to my Ligon data base.  Not bad for a weekend's work! 

I've been working on re-organizing, cleaning,  and rethinking how I do some things.  I'm also STILL working on all the images I had scanned over the past year.  I'm about half way thru, cropping, naming and linking them in my data base as I go. 

This doesn't include the several hundred scanned recipes that I am also typing into my cookbook software, where I have well over 100,000 recipes already typed in.  I've been collecting recipes for well over 30  years.  The newest have images attached as I've found them.  Makes for a nice searchable file.

I inherited a new desk (few months ago) from my daughter.  It was originally my late father in law's desk so its been around a while. But its HUGE.  Lots of room, several drawers and did I say tons of desk top space.  So I have room for my dual monitors and more!  LOVE IT!   One of the best things is the large "file" drawer on the right bottom.  I've turned that into my space for the copies or papers & folders I am currently working on.  As I am going thru folders in my file cabinet and I find things I want to focus on or look at again,  I place them there and I can stay focused without having tons of stuff laying all over my desk.  Important!

It's tax time so of course its been busy with tax clients coming & going alot!  We've also got a new grandson (#5), Joshua Mark Luotonen who was born January 29th.   What a cutie! 

Time to get busy - the daily chores are done, time to get focused and get some stuff done. 

What challenges are you working on in your genealogy??

Happy Researching!
Karen

No comments: