Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

19 May 2015

Who Thought Painting An Office Would Be So Much Work?

I knew it would be a big job, I guess I just never thought how BIG the job was.   I was so excited when we moved into this house.  Finally, after raising our two kids and then marrying them off... (LOL), we got our dream house.  I actually could have a room of my own for my genealogy.

Well, its been almost 8 years and somehow time slipped away.  I was so thrilled to have my own space.  I could leave my research books on the desk,  my very own desk, and not have to pick them up so we could have dinner or tax clients could be assisted.  The problem is, who wants to take time out from researching to paint? 

Several weeks ago, Mr. Brown Eyes announced that I was going to NGS for the national genealogy conference.  I'd been wanting to go for many years but the timing just wasn't right.  Well this year, I did go.  While I was gone he had my office painted.  It's absolutely beautiful.  I chose the color and left the paint chip for my painter.  It has blown me away.  WOWSERS!

The only problem is, everything but the desk had to leave.  Even the two lateral filing cabinets.  Which means that all the files had to COME OUT so they could be moved.  Well the paint job is beautiful (Dan the painter ROCKS!)...  but now that I am home I get to put it all back together. 

So I'm going to blog, not about paint or putting offices back together, but about my genealogy.  Won't promise its going to be exciting or anything, but I'll try to get some genealogy up here in the next day or so.

So EVERYTHING is back in the office,  alot of it in boxes, some of it is back but NOT going back in the cabinets - I want to go thru all those files and make sure all is scanned & typed.  So another project is under way.   One day maybe I'll get it all done the way I want it.  Until then I'll just keep plugging away. 

Happy Researching
  Karen

No comments: