Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

21 March 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday - Declaration of Gratitude!


Many years ago when I began researching I had only two generations on most of my family.  Being the networker that I am using the internet became a vital tool for expanding my file.  One of my greatest "finds" was a cousin named Liz.   I've lost track of Liz for now, but I owe her a great deal. 

My family are not "keepers", there aren't a lot of family heirlooms, and only a limited amount of old photo's.  But what I have I cherish!  The two items above came from Liz.  The man in the top photograph is my ggg grandfather, John Peterman.  John was born 26 Jul 1826 in Bavaria, Germany.  He died in German Township, Montgomery County, Ohio 16 APR 1902.  He was married 21 MAR 1852 in Montgomery County, Ohio to Henrietta M. Hegele. They were the parents of 9 children -
  Henrietta, Mary P., John G., Margaret C., Anna M., Roseanne L., Ida M., William H., and Lillian B.

The photo at the top is a photograph of a portrait that Liz had of John Peterman.  The lower image is of his Declaration of Intent.  The remainder of his "papers" have not been found.  But I'm thankful that I have these. 

Liz, if you find this - I'm so thankful for these two items you shared with me.  Drop a note if you come across this, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: