Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

19 February 2014

Wedding Wednesday - Apple & Foust (1857)


Marriage record for Joseph Foust and Sarah Apple.  The interesting thing about this marriage record is that Sarah Apple is actually Sarah Apple Kreitzer, widow of George Kreitzer. 

George Kreitzer & Sarah Apple had married 1 MAR 1838 in Jefferson Township, Montgomery County, Ohio.  They were the parents of six children.  In the spring of 1855 George was declared legally insane and dies 25 APR 1855 in Montgomery County. 

Sarah remarries to Joseph Foust 19 JULY 1857, Montgomery County, Ohio.

Its not uncommon to find women who remarry after the death of the spouse using a maiden name.  I guess it caught me off guard when I originally found it many years ago.  I just wasn't expecting her to use her maiden name so at first glance I just passed right over it.  Good thing I went back and got it. 

Sarah is the daughter of John Apple (1782-1861) and his wife, Catherine Bolender (ca1799-bef1880).

No comments: