Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow miprofgenie on Twitter

07 October 2013

Monday Musings

It's been a crazy few weeks here hence the lack of blogs.  Thanks for your patience.  I've redone my email accounts, opened some new, got rid of some old, but the contact information here stayed the same.  Thankfully I've got a very techy son who saves my backside when I get in over my head on computer stuff. 

We've added another branch to our family tree.  Jacob Michael Luotonen weighed in at 8 pounds 2 ounces when he joined us on Saturday morning, September 28th, 2013.  He's adorable, looks just like his awesome mom!  Needless to say grandma can't stop smiling at the thought.  Holding him brings back so many memories of the three older grandsons when they were that size and of course our two kids when they were just infants.  Congrats to our daughter, Amanda and her husband, David on a job well done!

The scanning and re-organization project is ongoing. I think I finally have every loose paper from my summer research trips scanned to my flash/thumb drives.  Now the fun begins as I start to transcribe and clean up those images to link in my data base.

Speaking of databases, I've joined the Heredis for Mac beta test that is going on.  So far things look great, but my "test" file still has some issues I'm not thrilled with.  Heredis is a European Genealogy software that has recently come on to the US genealogy software scene.  It has great potential and I'm enjoying the experience thus far.

Mom has arrived from Florida for a few months. Its always great having her here to enjoy the holidays with us.  The grandsons think she's awesome and since she's the shortest one in the family at only 5'1 the oldest grandson thinks she's great - he's finally taller than one of the adults!

It's Monday, time to get busy!  How about you?  What have you been working on?

Happy Researching!
Karen

No comments: